These are fantastically fun snacks for the kids and serving these with yummy dipping sauces really takes me back! Try this nutrient dense BBQ dipping sauce that you’re gonna love!
• 2 lbs chicken breast*
• 2-3 eggs**
• 1 cup blanched almond flour
• 2 tablespoons arrowroot – I use this one
• 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano
• 2 tablespoons chopped dehydrated onions
• 1 ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
• 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Grain Free Chicken Method:
• Chop chicken into 2 inch nuggets
• Using a whisk or fork to mix blanched almond flour and all spices in one bowl
• Beat eggs in another bowl
• Submerge a each chicken nugget in egg wash and then dredge in almond flour spice mixture
• Carefully lay each nugget on a parchment lined baking sheet. Do not crowd
• Bake in oven preheated to 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown
Active Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 15-20 nuggets
*You may also use dark meat but I find breast meat gives you the classic chicken nuggets to perfection.
**If you have extra egg whites around, this is a great place to use them.